help KDM/GDM/Ximian

Folks,

	please can someone on this group help?

	I've just installed ximian gnome and have major problems.

	1) If I use gdm as my login manager the keyboard freezes on me and won't
let me type anything or use any keys.
	2) If I use kdm I can't get into gnome.  I changed the kdm options to
relpace 'gnome' with sawfish and that does invode sawfish but it has
absolutely no functionality, to the extent that I can only get out of it
by killing the xserver.

	Can someone tell me what configuration options I need to change to be
able to get into the new ximian gnome from kdm (prefereable) or from gdm
(provided the keyboard works)?

TIA,

Jim