Re: GTK _Is_ Installed ...

Desmond Coughlan wrote:

> Le 26.10.01, Carsten Menke a écrit :
>
> {snip}
>
> >find . -name *gtk*
> >
> >Then you should find gtk, you could mostly then do
>
> I ran ...
>
> # find / -name \*gtk\* -print>/tmp/gtk.results
>
> The result ...
>
> http://www.chez.com/desmondcoughlan/unix/FreeBSD/gtk.results

Yes but actually there is not EXACTLY gtk-config there, instead there is

/usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config

so I would try to create a symbolic link:

cd /usr/X11R6/bin

ln -s gtk12-config gtk-config

> >./configure --with-gtk=/your/path

BTW, only the path e.g /usr/X11R6/bin

> I tried the above, with '/your/path' replaced with every occurrence of the
> word 'config' in the above results.  Same error message ... :-(

--wit-gtk was guessed by me as a lot of programs have the option
--with-gtk
this may differ in your tarball or even not available. to find out if
you got the option --with-gtk
do:

./configure --help

and you'll see all options which are possible to set

> I installed it from the ports collection.  If I try to uninstall it, using
> FreeBSD's installer programme (/stand/sysinstall), it tells me ...
>
> http://www.chez.com/desmondcoughlan/unix/FreeBSD/sysinstall.jpg

n'est pas la

> I'm confused ...
>
> D.