GTK _Is_ Installed ...

Hi,
I'm having a problem compiling all those luvverly programmes I find on the
Gnome website.  I download the tarball to /tmp, cd into that directory as
root, and unpack the appropriate package.  I then run ./configure, which
goes well, until ...

*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: GTK not installed

So I attempt to install GTK from /stand/sysinstall, and it tells me that
it is _already_ installed.  Yet when I run ...

# find / -name gtk -print

I get no response.

Could someone let me know where I'm going wrong ?

Many thanks.  :-)

D.

--
Des Coughlan            |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond cybercable fr