Re: Problem with installation

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:38:33PM +0200, walter valenti wrote:

> Hi i'm new of the list.
> I've got a problem with the installation of gnome-core1.4.0.4

		Greetings.

		[...snipped...]

> When i launch "configure" on Gnome-core, don't finds the library
> gdk_pixbuf and ther'isnt a opzion on configure to indicate the location
> of gdk_pixbuf like, for example, for gnome-libs (--with-gnome-libs).

	The process of finding libs !and includes! of
parts needed for gnome is often based on scripts e.g.

##############################
drifter LunaLounge:~ < gdk-pixbuf-config --prefix
/opt/gnome
##############################

shows the output of "gdk-pixbuf-config --prefix" here at lunalounge.

These scripts (and the includes) are part of a dedicated rpm in most
distributions. look for something like a

	gdk-pixbuf-devel-0.11.0-2 .

With rpm-packaging-system you'd do "rpm -q gdk-pixbuf-devel" to query if
you already have it installed (you propably have not, as your
configure-process doesn't find it...).

Without the !matching! devel-package to you installed gd-pixbuf, you won't
be able to compile parts depending on gdk-pixbuf, just run them.

		HTH, drifter
--
drifter outerlounge de
 When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is