Re: Embarassingly simple Q

I also have Mandrake 8.1 and it is imposible to create icons on the
desktop. If I D&Drop is just do nothing.
Earlier version of gnome worked either with or without nautilus.
Now if you run 'nautilus', desktop icons should appeat (but D&D still
broken)
Probably the solution is to remove nautilus but I don't now how.

Bruno.