vicious problems with the cool scripts

Hi all,

I am attempting to build the gnome-release environment with the vicious build scripts.  I would assume that the environment can operate completely set up from the other gnome stuff.  Only problem is that it uses later versions of automake and autoconf than what the source can be used with (there are lots of build errors on some, and as soon as I make symlinks to autoconf etc in /gnome/release/INSTALL/bin to /usr/bin it works fine).

I am assuming there is a way to make it build automatically... just haven't figured it out yet.  Have anyone else had these problems and/or are there anything I can do to get it to work properly?

Thanks in advance,

Trev.