Re: Nautilus and Mime Types

Adam Williams wrote:

> I have up-to-the minute Ximian GNOME, Redhat Linux 7.1, and Star Office
> Beta 6.0.  Use it eight hours a day, five or six days a week.  Great
> stuff.
>
> I have Nautilus as a file manager and desktop manager,  this works pretty
> well, except Nautilus goes south occasionally, but no big deal.
>
> For the life of me, however,  I can't figure out where Nautilus reads it
> MIME type information from.  I've defined .sdc, .sdd, .sdw, .sxd, etc...
> with their related Star Office mime types, icons, and applications. (I did
> this in gnomecc).  But nautilus continues to see them as generic files.
> This is rather frustrating.
>
> I can drag one of the files to the Star Office launcher icon on a panel,
> drop it, and it will open in Star Office.

I have same kind of problem with .ps files. Nautilus thinks that .ps files
are html files and it tryes to open as a web page when double clicking it.
I have checked from GNOME mime types in Control Panel and in there default
application for opening is Gnome Ghostview (which it should). It seems to me
that Nautilus doesn't use GNOME's own mime types but it's own. Am I wrong or
am I wrong?

Best Regards,
Sami

--
/Sami Pesonen
ICQ UIN: 95300141 - mailto:spesonen dlc fi