Re: Clockmail applet

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 06:59, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:

> > I want to set up the Clockmail applet to check my pop3 account for mail every so many minutes and alert if there is mail waiting. How do I set it up to do this?
>
> The 'Mailcheck' applet support pop3, imap and local maildir/mailbox. It
> works fine for me.

I have not looked at the clockmail applet, but since you are asking I
assume it's not possible from the properties menu item.

If this is so, and the applet checks the local mail spool why not just
set fetchmail upto poll your pop3 account every 5 mins or what ever,
hell every minute if your keen, this will then download the mail to your
local spool and then clockmail will tell you if you have mail.

This is what I do.  But I use the mailcheck applet which can be set up
for remote pop3 checking but I prefer fetchamil, why know there is mail
on a remote machine when is a second it can be here waitng for me :o)

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss