problem with gnome-terminal

Hi,

I'm running gnome terminal from linux boxes to a cygwin X server runing on a
Windows machine. A couple of days ago I changed the font settings on one of
the user windows and now every time I try to open it, I get the error
message:
Gdk-CRITICAL **" file gdkpixmap.c: line 63 (gdk_pixmap_new): assertion
`(width != 0) && (height != 0)' failed.
on the linux machine, and an error dialog box on cygwin which says that
Application gnome-terminal has crashed due to a fatal error. Is there anyway
of resetting/forcing the gnome-terminal settings so that I can at least open
a terminal?

Thanks for any help

Winston