Re: problem with gnome-terminal

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 02:35:26PM -0800 or thereabouts, Winston Gutkowski wrote:
> Gdk-CRITICAL **" file gdkpixmap.c: line 63 (gdk_pixmap_new): assertion
> `(width != 0) && (height != 0)' failed.
> on the linux machine, and an error dialog box on cygwin which says that
> Application gnome-terminal has crashed due to a fatal error. Is there anyway
> of resetting/forcing the gnome-terminal settings so that I can at least open
> a terminal?

Haven't tried this. But you will have a ~/.gnome/Terminal file in
your home directory, and that contains a line for the font (among
several other lines). You can edit that file directly. I have
done this in the past. I have also messed up doing it. But rather
than edit it, I'd think you could try just moving that file so
Gnome doesn't see it. With luck, it will get recreated with default
settings. Perhaps?

I have never used Cygwin so don't know how that will affect things.

Telsa