MIME type with Ted not working !

Hello all,

I have tried to set a MIME type in GNOME 1.4 for the Ted application (RTF
editor). I entered the necessary application in the Mime section of Gnome
control center but its not working ! When i double-click on the file in
Nautilus, it tries to open Abiword.

The thing i dont understand is that i have been able to set Mime types for
other MIme types such as MPEG, Mov or avi files. And it works perfectly. My
Mime setup for Ted in Gnome Control Center seems correct.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,