Three questions

Hi all, I have a couple of questions.

First: Where are the default GNOME settings stored? I am running SuSE v7.2
and GNOME 1.4 with Nautilus. I want to give all users the same predefined
desktop and menu choices, but I cannot track down where GNOME is pulling
the information from.  when setting up a new user's account. I add a user,
and there is no GNOME stuff in their $HOME, but on first login, GNOME
installs all of the config directories and settings. What files are being
used to do this? I looked in /etc/opt/gnome, but didn't find all that I am
looking for. Short version: How do I give every system the user the EXACT
SAME initial default desktop?

Second: Is it possible to remove the option for not seeing the MOTD popup
on login? I mean, How can I see to it that the motd popup message shows up
each and every time a user logs in to the system. Where is the config file
that sets whether or not that window pops up on login? I am required by my
employer to display a particular message about system usage for all users
at each login; so how can I do this?

Third: If I use password aging in the shadow suite. How can I get the
seven days to expiration warning to pop up when a user logs in?

Thanks for all clues!

geoffrey
--
Santa Claus,