A couple of panel questions

Hi,

1. Can I hide certain applications from the task list applet? It is annoying when my gkrellm panels take up space on the panel!
2. I've downloaded a couple of panel applets. I installed the rpms, but the new applets don't show up in the applet menu when I right click on a panel. If I just run the new applet's binary from a console then kill it, gnome pops up a requester has died unexpectedly, but I can't see the applet in question anywhere on the panel. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark