Re: Please help me!! I've posted this question 5 other places now, with not a single response!!

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:48:01AM -0500, James Simons wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to Linux, and installed Redhat 7.2 on a system here about a week
> ago.  Yesterday I decided to change some DNS info and after I rebooted
> it won't let me into GNOME.
[..]

I'm assuming it wont let you launch X, and that's why you can't 'get
into Gnome'.

It's difficult to answer without knowing exactly what you did.  Did you
edit configuration files manually based on information you read in a
HowTo?  What exactly did you do?

If you've simply changed your hostname, on RH7.2, just make sure you did
it in two locations.  In /etc/hosts and in /etc/sysconfig/network.
Changing only one of these will prevent you from logging into X.

Based on the problems you're having, put your documentation CD in the
drive and read the following:

/doc/HOWTOS/DNS-HOWTO
/doc/HOWTOS/Networking-Overview-HOWTO
/doc/HOWTOS/Emacs-Beginner-HOWTO