Problem with the session manager (i think so)

Hello,

I have a problem accessing to the /dev/mixer device.
This device is owned by the audio group (rw).
My user belongs to the audio group.

When I try to launch gmix from a gterm window I get
an error (check that u have rights to access ... bla
bla ...).
When I launch gmix from the Gnome menu, it works.

I finally tried to launch gmix from the gterm window
using the --sm-disable option : it works.

Is there a way to avoid using --sm-disable?

What is strange is that it used to work before I
added a new group to my system, and added my user to
this group ...

Any help would be really appreciated. :)

Thank u

Manu