Menus

How can I get the menu systems back to what they were pre-Ximian
install?
I know about the menu options in the Gnome Control Center, and I have
set them to what they were pre-Ximian install. However, previously the
menu system was split by a bar on my Red Hat 7.2 system. From the menu
editor the "Ximian System Menus" of course has its apps, I have it
turned off. Then there is the "Gnome System Menus" and previous to
install there was as label in the menu editor "programs to be merged
(system menus)". This is what no longer appear when you browse the menu
from the Gnome foot icon. It does appear if you middle click your mouse
on the background and look under "programs". I would like to have them
back were they were originally, (especially since so many apps are
located there), but no settings I can find seem to allow this.
Actually what I would like is to get the Ximian apps to appear as well
in the Gnome system menus combined. Is there anyway to combine them
easily without doing each manually?
What if I just delete the Ximian menus rpm?
Ximian does a nice job with the desktop, but this "broken" menu system
is a real pain in the ass. Currently no single list of apps has all the
apps on your system, you have to actually look through menu lists. This
is in my opinion is a real flunker!

				Sean