Re: GNOME Window Manager

In message <20010530093800 A1184 anna>, Juergen Salk writes:

>* Matthias Warkus <mawarkus t-online de> [010530 08:34]:

>> > You never know that it's there; it is
>> > just a seamless part of the GNOME system.

>> Could you explain inhowfar Sawfish isn't?

>Just to give you a trivial example: At least in sawfish-0.38 the default
>modifier key for the windowmanager shortcuts seems to be <Cntr>.
>Obviously not a good choice, as this interferes with a lot of standard
>applications, such as xterm, gnome-terminal, ...

I realize this is off-topic, but in our environment I recommend our users to
use super as the sawfish modifier key.  super is the right-hand Windows logo
key.  The default, control, is terrible because it breaks multiple line
selections in the GtkCList widget, a feature which our application depends on.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts