Re: GNOME Window Manager

Wandering completely off the topic...

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 09:03:34PM -0400 or thereabouts, jgotts linuxsavvy com wrote:
> In message <20010530093800 A1184 anna>, Juergen Salk writes:
> >* Matthias Warkus <mawarkus t-online de> [010530 08:34]:
>
> >> Could you explain inhowfar Sawfish isn't?
>
> >Just to give you a trivial example: At least in sawfish-0.38 the default
> >modifier key for the windowmanager shortcuts seems to be <Cntr>.
> >Obviously not a good choice, as this interferes with a lot of standard
> >applications, such as xterm, gnome-terminal, ...
>
> I realize this is off-topic, but in our environment I recommend our users to
> use super as the sawfish modifier key.  super is the right-hand Windows logo
> key.  The default, control, is terrible because it breaks multiple line
> selections in the GtkCList widget, a feature which our application depends on.

Ugh.

So I left-click to start a selection in gnome-terminal. I can end this
selection with right-click. Which is why the context menu comes up with
control-right-click, just in case I did a left-click earlier. (For those
who wonder "I tried to right-click and I didn't get the menu; lots of
stuff got highlighted instead; what happened?" this is precisely why.)

Please tell me sawfish doesn't have control-right-click bound to
something different :)

Telsa