Re: Ximian gnome 1.2 on solaris8/sparc

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 03:16:39PM -0500, gdev wrote:
> Maybe someone here can help me with this problem, It's about Window
> managers and gnome. I just did a fresh install of Ximian Gnome 1.2 and
> whenever I login, the boarders to any program I run are totally messed up,
> just like scrambled garbage and colors around the windows. But If i go to
> the control panel and reload the window manager, either gnome-wm or
> sawfish, doen't matter. They fix them selfs and everything looks great.

I'm having the exact same problem on my 1.2 installation. Actually,
1.2 was fine for a while, until I tried to build 1.4, and at some
point in the process, this problem started. I backed out to 1.2 (I had
made a backup of my /usr directory before starting the 1.4 install),
but the problem was still there. Happens whether I use Sawfish or
Enlightemnemnt as my WM.

This is on FreeBSD 3.2, which is of course completely obsolete, but my
employer hasn't updated its standard platform yet, so I'm stuck with
it for now.

--
-Chip Olson. | ceo at shore dot net
"You ask me why we celebrate, when nothing has been won;