Ximian gnome 1.2 on solaris8/sparc

Maybe someone here can help me with this problem, It's about Window managers and gnome. I just did a fresh install of Ximian Gnome 1.2 and whenever I login, the boarders to any program I run are totally messed up, just like scrambled garbage and colors around the windows. But If i go to the control panel and reload the window manager, either gnome-wm or sawfish, doen't matter. They fix them selfs and everything looks great. I've installed this same version on 2 other boxes, one of which is the same type of system, all 3 are running solaris8/sparc. Why would this one be bugged and not the other two. The other two were test boxes, this one is a production box. So it really ticks me off that this is the one it went bad on. Anyway, thanks for any help you can offer.

Brandon.