problems compiling libglade latest

I have been unable to compile libglade latest.
It can't build the scanner or something.

I'm thinking that having the sleepy cat db-3.2.9
data base libraries installed is messing up gnome.
Does anyone know if this is in fact true?

I was able to get the gnome-terminal to run
after I took out the -ldb flag.  There was
no complaints from the linker so there must
be the same symbols in libdb1 or something.

There was evidence of the db problem
right there in the gdb session I mailed to the
list a couple days ago.

Fred