No configuration applets were found.

Hello,

can you help me.

 I want to start the Gnome-Configurator (Background-Configurator, etc.).

 Every time, when I want to do this. Gnome says, in a login-xterm window:

 ** WARNING **: No configuration applets were found. This probably means that
 either the control-center or GNOMD ist incorrectly installed.

 The GConf programm is installed with ./configurate-make-make install. Also
 the control-center is installed with ./configurate-make-make install.

 What do I have to do?

 I use gnome with sawfish

 Please answer me