Re: gnome-terminal

Luciano Boschi <luckylux gib it> writes:

> > Alan Patterson <alan patterson Nexan com> writes:
> >
> > > gnome-terminal doesn't read my .bash_profile file, even though
> > > I'm running bash as my shell. Other terminals do.
>
> In preferences dialog: use --login
> so the gnome-terminal will behave like a login shell

Actually the best thing to do is to put all your customizations
in your .bashrc file and source it from .bash_profile file.

.bash_profile file is read only by the login shell and the
.bashrc file is read by every (bash) shell.

Maybe just have a look in the bash man/info page.

Rgds,
anna

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead.  - RFC 1925