RE: help with -> Gdk-CRITICAL gdkimage.c gdk_image_destroy assert ion

John,

I am also running Redhat 7.0 on an intel box and accessing the X session
through Exceed.  When I run linuxconf I get the errors listed below on my
terminal.  The app runs fine despite the error messages.  I don't know why
either.  At least we know this is a consistent problem which isn't specific
to your machine.

Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.

I am running  Redhat 7.0 on an intel box and accessing the X sessio
through Exceed.
Everything run fine except when I run a gui app such as gvim or
linuxconf.
When I run these apps I get the follow error messages on startup

root miles /root]# linuxconf
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.

after the error messages the app runs fine.

can someone clue me in on what is happening and how i can fix it

thanks

--
John D. Prokopek
jprokopek snet net

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.