Re: gnome themes

aquari0 linuxfreak com (2001-03-12 at 1647.38 -0600):
> > How can I specify where the gnome-themes directory is? I've installed a
> > new engine theme but it
> > installed in /usr/local/share/themes while my gnome was looking in
> > /usr/share/themes/. I finally copied the theme to /usr/share/themes but
> > that's not what I intend. I'm using RH7.
> > Thanks guys.
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> will install the engine in /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/ and the gtkrc
> file in /usr/share/themes/
> By the way those are gtk-themes and not gnome-themes.
> ALso for all the programs you compile is nice to do:
> "./configure --help|more"
> to check all the nice options programmers put into their work.

I think he is speaking about already compiled RPMs and a way to tell
Gtk+ where to look for themes (which are not from RPMs, I guess). As
solution, install and then symlink in where Gtk+ searchs. I have my
config that way, in the worst case I just have to rebuild symlinks
from some /usr dirs to some /usr/local dirs.

Well, just guessing, he could explain better.

GSR