Re: gnome themes

Leon Chiver wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How can I specify where the gnome-themes directory is? I've installed a
> new engine theme but it
> installed in /usr/local/share/themes while my gnome was looking in
> /usr/share/themes/. I finally copied the theme to /usr/share/themes but
> that's not what I intend. I'm using RH7.
>
> Thanks guys.

./configure --prefix=/usr

will install the engine in /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/ and the gtkrc
file in /usr/share/themes/

By the way those are gtk-themes and not gnome-themes.

ALso for all the programs you compile is nice to do:
"./configure --help|more"
to check all the nice options programmers put into their work.