Re: A few general questions

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Len Philpot wrote:

The Gnome panel menus and structure are a big pain in the user interface
butt.  They were worse in previous versions too.

> And while I'm at it...  :)
>
> This may be more appropriate in a Balsa forum; let me know if
> so. Why won't it (Balsa 1.1.1) even try to check for incoming
> mail on a remote POP3 server? I'm at home with a cable modem and
> no local mail, just internet. I can't get the POP3 mailbox to
> show up in the list and it steadfastly refuses to retrieve any
> mail from it, even when I _know_ there's mail there. No errors,
> just nothing. I have no other mailboxes defined at all. Any
> ideas?

I had the same problems with Balsa.  Go to gnome.org and get the latest
version of Balsa, released just two days ago.  It clears up a few problems
but there are still significant bugs IMHO.

I use Netscape 6 and Pine.  Netscape too has bugs but the features
outweigh the bugs and are less annoying than Balsa.  Actually I'm quite
disatisifed with every mail client I've tried but you get what you pay
for.

 -- John

John T. Nelson                   Lexonia Internet Services LLC
email: jnelson lexonia com       PO Box 9007
web:   http://www.lexonia.net/   McLean VA, 22102

                Lexonia Internet Services
        Your choice for affordable web hosting, email
                  and dedicated servers