Re: Gnome Version

I'd say that'd be difficult, since you could, for example, any upgrade
certain parts of GNOME to 1.4 beta - for example, I'm mostly running beta1,
with a couple packages from beta2 installed.

Your best bet is to look at all the packages for gnome installed (most,but
not all, of which have 'gnome' in their name - so on an RPM system, rpm -qa
| grep gnome   would give you a list, with package versions).  You could
compare this to a list of beta packages, and see what is beta, and what is
not.