Problem to login

Hello,

I am quite new in all this Linux stuff, and I hope you can give me a clue on how to solve this problem I have.

I am using Suse Linux 7.0, and a few days ago I downloaded the latest Gnome from the Helix site. The problem I have (and that I already had with my previous version of Gnome) is that, when I start up my PC, I need to log in twice (I go directly to init level 3 at boot time). The first time I enter my login and password I see very briefly the screen with all the boot up information, and I suddenly go back to the login screen. After entering my login and password a second time everything's ok.

Has anyone already experienced this problem? If so, please let me know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance to you all.

Regards,
Francesc