Re: .Xclients is to startx as ??? is to gdm

bowman montana com (2001-06-09 at 1123.26 -0600):
> > GDM runs fine for me, but it ignores my .Xclients file on RedHat 7.1.
> > Where do I put settings like xset -b
> With the proliferation of .rc files by the various wm's, I've sometimes had
> to resort to voodoo programming and blow away all related .rc files and
> subdirectories to re-configure. Gnome, in particular, seems to rise from the
> dead.

The trick is to read scripts as they are used. IE, GDM launches the
scripts in Session, and reading them, you see that if you choose
Xsession session, it will use your .Xclients (or others, there are
some "if"s).

GSR