Re: .Xclients is to startx as ??? is to gdm

From: <pauljohn ukans edu>

> GDM runs fine for me, but it ignores my .Xclients file on RedHat 7.1.
> Where do I put settings like xset -b

Do you also have a .xinitrc? when I put IceWM up, it suggested getting rid
of the .xinitrc and using .Xclients.  I'm not too sure about the order in
which these files are parsed, or if GDM might only use the first one it
finds.

With the proliferation of .rc files by the various wm's, I've sometimes had
to resort to voodoo programming and blow away all related .rc files and
subdirectories to re-configure. Gnome, in particular, seems to rise from the
dead.