Re: sound gone in parts....

> Also, try killing ESD (killall esd) and then restarting it (esd &). ESD
> should make some beeps when it starts up. If it does, sound should be
> working properly.
>
> --Ben

hi ben and thanks for email:

upon your suggestion I get a bunch of lines as below:
( I don't know if my trouble is related to my particular driver or if its OS
related but thats the error i'm getting........
$ esd &

SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Audio device open for 22.05Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit stereo.
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Audio device open for 11.025Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit mono.
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Audio device open for 11.025Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8.192Khz, 8bit mono.
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Audio device open for 8.192Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8Khz, 8bit mono.
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Inappropriate ioctl for device