Urgent question

We are developing a Gnome-windows-interface for a software that we
developed and we need to use the gnome function
"gnome_config_set_strig". When we use it in main.c the function create
correctly the configuration file but when we use the same function, with
the same parameters, in another .c file (callbacks.c), that is linked
with the previous one during compilation, the compilation exit without
any error but the function doesn't run (the configuration file isn't
create in any directory of the path).
Can you explain this behaviour?
Thank you for your attention
   Marina