Re: GNOME Window Manager

Raster has always said that the next phase of E was to become a desktop
shell. Regardless of Gnome's development. Never understood why certain gnome
developers made a big deal of it in the first place.   What is currently
happening is that he broke E17 into several different modules: evas (opengl
canvas-which is really neat) efsd, and ecore, as well as imlib2. It really
neat the way its coming along...
Personally I think gnome should has a starter's wm (sawfish, or E btw I use
E 16.5 with the gnome session . However maybe there should be more of an
effort to work with other wm developers, instead of putting effort in adding
additional functionality, make gnome more streamline and direct.  Sometimes
the best solution is to make it simple.