Nautilus Memory Consumption

I've got a question regarding to memory consumption:

When I start my Ximian Gnome Session, Nautilus is started for my
Desktop.

When I look at its memory consumption (using the Gnome system monitor),
it shows me 11 processes with a total consumption of 157168 Kb !
A normal session (nauilus, evolution, mozilla) uses 580 000 kB !

Is this memory shared in some way or used physically in total ?

If it is shared, who can I measure the "real" consumption ?

Another question; When I start my session, gmc is started as well.
Can I avoid this ? (Note, that it does not appear in Session properties)
--
Katrin & Markus Nickels
Alcobendas (Madrid) - Spain