Re: [Fwd: Re: Abiword can't find load font]

Well, I don't know if this is helpful to you or not, but I had the
same problem with AbiWord when I was using Red Hat 7.0.  I upgraded
to Red Hat 7.1, and the problem was gone.

Maybe (if you are using Red Hat 7.0, or below) you could just
upgrade.

Hi,

Guess I should've added more info. I'm running RH 7.1 with Ximian's Gnome 1.4; along with the AbiWord version Ximian distributes via Red Carpet. I actually tried removing that, and installing AbiWord from the original tarball; but the same "font not found" problem occurs unless I have xfs running (which it is by default in RH 7.1).

It's not a really big deal, except on a personal machine it seems rather silly to be running a font server when XFree can do the job.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering