Re: lost my lilo boot! help! :((((

%% Sandeep Hundal <sandeep_wde yahoo com> writes:

  sh> Is there any way I can bypass the lilo boot and get into windows
  sh> or / and windows so i can backup data from both or rectify the
  sh> situation???

Get out a boot or rescue floppy or CD, and boot from that.  It's
simplest to fix the problem using a Linux boot/rescue floppy/CD; I'm not
sure how booting into Windows will help you solve the problem, since
Windows can't look at the Linux partitions.

Once you're booted via the floppy/CD, you can mount your harddisk
partitions and fix up the lilo problem.

You might find this HOWTO handy:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/LILO-crash-rescue-HOWTO.html

 Paul D. Smith <psmith baynetworks com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools