Re: No sound device found when trying to play MP3

Stanislav Okhvat wrote:

Hi!

I just installed Red Hat 7 and configured sound under the root user.
The root user doesn't have any problems with sound events or playing
mp3. However, the other user that I registered for myself doesn't have
sound. When I try to play MP3s it says that the sound device cannot be
found. Sound events in wm cannot be heard either. I figure I need to
chmod some directories so the user can be allowed to use the sound
device, but which ones?

Thanks in advance!

Stanislav

Maybe you have to add your user to the sound group... it's better, but you can change the permitions on /dev/dsp.

--

Rodrigo Morais Araujo
rma hotlink com br
  rma cin ufpe br