Re: gnome-media/gmix fails to link

jgotts linuxsavvy com writes:

> gnome-media finds ALSA but then doesn't link with -lesound, where these symbols
> can be found.  ./configure --disable-alsa has no effect, though it should
> #undef ALSA.

Thanks for the info.  Forwarded to 38246 bugs gnome org   Does
gnome-media has an active maintainer these days?  Judging from the
number of reports available at bugs.gnome.org it doesn't look so.

> Incidentally, esound doesn't work with the current version of ALSA or
> at least I wasn't able to get it to work.

> I prefer compiling everything for the OSS API and just using the ALSA OSS
> compatibility layer.

Yes, this sounds good.

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,