Problems after RH7 upgrade

Help

I Had a red-hat 6.2 system that I installed helix-gnome
and used helix-update to keep it reasonable up to date.
It was probable a month out of date. I then upgraded with
with the RH7 disks. I noticed a few things in gnome changed
which surprised me becasue I thought I add more up to date
gnome libraries than what was on the disk. But now Helix-update
no longer works. It asks me for root's password, (the dialog
box that does this is newer than what I had) but then it
disappears and nothing happens. I launched it from a
command line and I see what looks like a bad assertion. Sorry
I don't the info handy, says something about getting to line such-and-such
and we should never be here.

Questions:
1) Any seen this or is familar with it.
2) Should I forget debugging this and just download and install
the latest packages? and What packages should I grab? helix-update,
libs and core?