GNOME/Linux Sound prob...

Hello,

I have a program listening to music under Linux. I have a Sound Blaster
Live! Value. I have my computer connected to my home theatre receiver. In
Windows, everything works great. Under Linux/GNOME. the sould makes
'popping noices' like the speakers are about to blow, even when the volume
is turned low. Though when I have a very calm "romantic" song if you will,
with very little bass - it almost sounds the very same as if it were
Windows. Is their anything I can do to change this? I don't want to have to
use Windows instead of Linux for playing MP3s and CDs.

Thanks again gang!

Wizard