Re: GNOME/Linux Sound prob...

Hi John,
   Read your reply and this stimulated a basic question.   I've installed 7.0 + the updates and the sound works fine with my SB Live!, but only analog.   Am I to assume that Linux is not using digital audio with release 7.0?

Thanks,
Robert

John Gluck wrote:

This happens when the sound priority is too low...
In kde there is a way to make the sound more responsive but I don't know what
it is in Gnome.
I have a 2.4 kernel and don't have any problem playing streaming audio.