RE: gnome for Solaris x86?

>I give up! I tried for about a week to successfully compile gnome from source
>code ... not an exercise I want to repeat. Has anyone successfully compiled
>gnome for Solaris 2.8 x86 and are they willing to share the binaries?

I don't know how recently you got hold of Solaris 8_x86, but as of the Update 2
(10/00) release, Gnome (including Enlightenment) and a load of other Freeware
has been made available as part of the distribution.  The Companion CD has it
all in standard Solaris Package format.

Update 3 (1/01) should be with us soon, and again that has very recent versions
of all this stuff on the CD ready to install.  If you've just purchased Solaris
8 it might be a little less palatable to buy the latest version just to get this
free stuff, but it's an option.

I hope this helps,

---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
o o                                          mailto:Moredhel earthling net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark Bowyer UK Sun COM
`-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"