glib error in red-carpet

Hello,

I have the following error with redcarpet:

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1110 (g_strchug): assertion
`string != NULL' failed.

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1125 (g_strchomp): assertion
`string != NULL' failed.

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate -4 bytes
aborting...

My system is Redhat 7 with all the updates from Ximian according to
helixupdate.

I am conviced it's a plot aginst me know.  I have suffered for months
without a working helix-update (it will tell me what I need, dies before
downloading) that no one seems to be able to duplicate and now this which
I have not yet seen mentioend in the lists.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss