RE: A few questions....

> I have Ximian Gnome and Redhat 7 installed. I am using
> GnoRPM. Sometimes
> I get errors saying:
> "cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm /Packages." I
> really need to
> get that one fixed.
I doubt its an error. Probably the rpm database is locked
by someone/something else. Do you have an rpm command running
in a window or perhaps a second instance of GnoRPM running.

> Second, I forgot to enable the option while installing Linux to use
> Graphical Login. So how do I go about having gdm appear
> instead of bash
> prompting me for login and password.
You want to have Linux boot into run level 5 instead of run level 3. But
I forget how to change it so it boots this way. You can do it temporarily
by typing "init 5" when logged in as root, this will end the current log-in
session.

> Finally, I need CDR support for my HP CD Writer and the new
> 2.4 kernal.
> How do I go about getting this? Someone mentioned to be to
> use kernalcfg
> or something like that?

This is not really a gnome issue. I would search the web for CDR
how-to help. There are lots of web sites that will step you through
it. There are too many little details to try to get it answered
through this list.