Re: Gnome locks frequently

I've got the ALi chipset on my board but I do have the SB Live! and a
GeForce 2 GTS. It's too bad that you can take a rock solid system and
make it flakier than windows just because the Linux drivers are behind
the curve.

Another thing I noticed is Sawfish might be part of the problem. Alot of
the weird crashes and hangs I have sometimes seem closely related to the
window manager. Like for instance a popup menu, a tool tip, and a modal
dialog all popup in succession and focus gets lost somewhere in between
and I can't get focus back to anything. Sometimes weird things like this
seem to preced lockups. Only, when it's sawfish I can just
Alt+Ctrl+Backspace. Still a pain but not as bad as a hard reboot. Thank
God for ext3.

-ryan