Re: compile failure

I would've replied directly but you sent your response only to the list
so I had to read it in the digest.  I did my cutting / pasting from
there.

Thanks for the thorough explanation.  This sort of thing helps a lot to
better understand what's going on.  As I mentioned in another reply, the
switches you mention are what did the trick.

I'm a little confused though about how come I am able to run
gnome-config so easily but yet ./configure can't figure it out.  But
then again I'm not a coder so it would probably be over my head.....