Re: [gnome-love] gnome-vim bonobo component

I would like that too.  I have tried to play with anjuta, but can't deal with that
editor.  All that project management and automatic adding of copyrights etc.
would be great if I could use a real editor to write the code.

Regards,
James

On Nov 30 16:23, Jason D. Hildebrand wrote:
> I've created a bonobo component which embeds VIM inside a zvt widget, and
> implements part of the GtkHTML interface.  It works with Evolution (if you
> hack evolution a bit so that it knows about gnome-vim).

I thought there would be a general interface for text editors in gnome?
Isnt the GtkHTML interface for WYSIWYG web editing? Ofcourse I can see the
possibilities to use vi for web editing too but it should really work as an
general text-editor component IMHO.

> You can check it out at http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim
>
> I'd be interested to hear what people think.

I will take a look at it latter. I dont have Evolution installed right now
and I think I'll wait for the debian people to packade 1.0.

I've heard that the new Anjuta is a program that is using bonobo components
heavily. It would be really great to see gnome-vim working in that app.

--
* John Ericson john john pp se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high jabber org