RE: Slow user fast root. Woody

Same here.... I've filed bug reports on this but seen no progress.

If I was a really skilled Gnome hacker I would take this on as my #1
priority, but alas I am a wee neophyte.

BTW: I've noticed that killing OAF (via oaf-slay) will speed up the
starting of oaf apps like Evolution, but then if you close evo and start
it up again it will be back to slow startupagain.

--
Regards,
-ryan

The three great virtues of programming are laziness, impatience,
and hubris, but bigotry makes the open-source world go round.