RE: Slow user fast root. Woody

I've noticed the same problem on a Linux 7.1 install I did recently.  I installed gnome and then ximian... and lag city under normal user operation.

-scurry
-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-list-admin gnome org [mailto:gnome-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of Patrick Lane
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 3:40 PM
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Slow user fast root. Woody

Hello everyone,

When I load gnome in Debian (woody) as root, it runs speedy, as I would expect it to on my machine. However, when I load gnome as a user, it lags. It seems as if everything has a 5-10 second delay before it loads. Once it has loaded it runs fine, it's just the load time that I'm having problems with. Since it runs fine as root, I imagine it is some sort of permission problem. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

--Patrick